As you all know that an email account is essential for all your internet uses. These accounts can also be set up for the uses with Microsoft Outlook on AT&T Email because Outlook can easily support multiple accounts of email. It is needed for an email to sign up for virtually all websites and to buy products online. An email account can automatically create when you configure your AT&T internet service. AT&T users can have up to 10 email accounts through their AT&T plan.
Also, Outlook provides you with a convenient place to access all your email accounts, calendars, and contacts to organize your electronic communication needs. To Set up AT&T Email on MS Outlook do follow the steps mentioned below;
Steps For AT&T Internet Service
- In the first step, you have to open Outlook of Microsoft. Users need to click on “File” of the top bar menu. Then, select the Info option and later do Account Settings. Again you have to choose “Account Settings. In case if you are a user of Outlook 2007 so, you need to tab on Tools of the top bar menu. Later, from the list select account settings.
- In this step, the user needs to select the AT&T email by clicking on it. In the New button, choose the radio button next to “Microsoft Exchange, POP3, HTTP or IMAP. Click next to Check the box for “Manually configure server settings or additional server types.”Click “Next.” Choose “Internet Email.” Click “Next.”
- Fill your name and email address in the “User Information” fields. Under “Server Information,” choose “POP3” from the drop-down box. Type “pop.att.yahoo.com” into the “Incoming Mail Server” field. Type “smtp.att.yahoo.com” into the “Outgoing Mail Server” field. Enter your user name and password into the “Logon Information” fields. As it is the login information, you use to access your webmail. Check the box to remember your password. Click the “More Settings” button.
- When you reached to step four then, choose outgoing server and click. Do check the box next to “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.” Click the radio button next to “Use same settings as an incoming mail server.”
- Select the “Advanced” tab. Check the box next to the server, which requires an encrypted connection (SSL).” The field number should automatically change to “995.” If it doesn’t, change the field number to “995.”
- Change the “SMTP” field to the name “465” and from the drop-down box choose SSL. Then, tab to OK also, Click the “Test Settings” button to make sure that everything works correctly.
- Lastly, click to the next button and then tab to finish option.
So, these are the top seven steps you have to use to set up AT&T email on MS Outlook. By applying these steps, you can easily access your AT&T internet service, and for details on AT&T do visit our website from time to time.