It is often seen that the users of AOL mail complain about losing connection, especially the users who own an android device. Users generally complain about losing connection frequently which may cause severe inconvenience to the users.
In case you are one such user, you need to check for certain factors like having a stable internet connection, make sure that you are using the latest version of the app and your operating system.
If you are still unable to get rid of this error, you can follow the blog to get simple solutions to this problem without much fuss.
Three simple ways to fix this error with relative ease.
Updating your Android mobile phone’s software
You can do so with the help of the steps that are given below;
- First off, you will need to connect your mobile phone with your WI-FI.
- After this, you will need to enter the settings of your device and scroll down to select the “about phone” option.
- Next, you need to tap on it to check for an update.
- If there are any updates available, tap the option that looks like install now, reboot, and install, or you can simply click on install system software to fix the AOL mail connection error in Android
This way you can simply update the android device’s software with relative ease.
Force Stop the AOL app and restart it
To do so, you will need to follow the steps that are given below;
- Open the settings of your device and click on the apps section, followed by the AOL mail app, to begin with.
- From there, you will need to click on the “force stop” option to proceed further.
- In case a prompt message pops up on the screen, tap the force stop option again.
- Now, return to the home screen of your mobile and click on the AOL mail app to launch it.
- You will need to check whether or not the connection error of AOL mail has been resolved or not.
- If for some reason, the error persists, you will have to uninstall the application and then install it again with the use of the steps that are given below;
Press and hold the icon of the application from the home screen. After that, you will need to drag it to the trash icon that is at the top of your screen.
You can also go to the settings screen and tap on the AOL application from the list of apps that appear on your screen. Simply click on the uninstall option to finish the process of uninstalling the application.
Reinstall the application of AOL mail
Follow the steps that are given below to re-install the application of AOL
- Open your phone and navigate yourself to the play store icon and type AOL mail app on the search bar and then select the same app from the list that appears.
- Next, click on the install option to get the AOL app on your phone.
- Now, check to see if the connection error has been resolved. If for some reason, the error persists, you will simply need to seek technical assistance from the members of your company via mail or call.
For any further info or queries regarding this problem, you can simply direct yourself to the help and support center of AOL.