To set up the HP Neverstop 1200w Laser Printer, we have to check the following things.
- You can use an Android mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet to set up a wireless-capable printer on a wireless network.
- Once the setup is done, you can send print jobs from the Android mobile device when it is connected to the same wireless network as the printer.
- But here we are going to use Wi-Fi Direct to set up a printer with the phone as we don’t have a Wi-Fi router.
- Check if the power cable is connected perfectly to the printer.
- I will have an Android device.
To set up a printer with Wi-Fi Direct, follow the steps as follows:
The following methods can be used to set up the HP Neverstop 1200w Laser Printer.
- As you are going to set up a printer with Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi routers or modems are not required.
- Before you begin, make sure you have the following requirements:
- Set up the printer, load paper into the input tray, and install the ink cartridges.
- Turn on the printer and place it close to the Android device.
- An HP LaserJet wireless-enabled printer that has been set up and turned on
- An Android phone or tablet that has wireless features.
- Tap on the Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct buttons to turn them on.
- Press and hold down the resume button for 3 seconds on the printer. Release it once the power light starts flashing.
- Then you will get two prints. On the second page, you will get the Wi-Fi Direct password.
- On the Android device, go to the play store and install the HP Print Service Plugin.
- Now Go to the Android device and turn on Wi-Fi. Then you will see an HP printer there.
- Click on the HP Printer on your Android device and it will ask for a Wi-Fi direct password. Type the password printed on the printout
- Now open documents and click the dots on the right top corner, then click print.
- Now the printer is set up with Wi-Fi Direct and connected to the android device. It will be printed now.