Reasons for the Google account not syncing with outlook
- The Internet is not connected.
- Incorrect email address/password.
- IMAP/POP or SMTP settings are not correct.
- Email applications are not updated or not working.
The following methods can be used to fix the email issue.
- Mainly, email does not sync due to incorrect email address/password, internet or server settings. So we will go ahead and fix it.
- login to my Gmail account to see if the email id and password are correct.
- Check if IMAP/POP is enabled on the Gmail website.
- Check the outlook if it opens perfectly.
- Check by reconfiguring your Gmail account in Outlook.
- Outlook gives errors while sending and receiving. As it was configured with IMAP, So reconfigure it.
- Check if forwarding and pop/IMAP are enabled in Gmail Webmail. To do that, open Gmail and click Settings > Forwarding and Pop/Imap.
- If Imap is not enabled, check the box for enabling imap and click Save. Then will go for reconfiguration of Account in outlook.
- Press Windows+R and type “outlook”. Then click “OK” to open MS Outlook. In Outlook, go to Info > Add Account.
- Type in your Gmail email address and click on Connect.
- Type your email and password.
- Click on Allow.
- Now your Inbox is here. Try to send a test email to yourself.
- Now MS Outlook is configured and ready to use.