|Company Name –||Asiana Airlines|
|Get Online Help –||Official Website|
Apdo. Correos 62033
|Frequent Flyer Program-|
Iberia Plus Emprese
|Lounge-||Iberia VIP Lounge|
|Magazine-||Ronda Iberia Magazine|
|Service Time –||24/7 365|
|Best Time Call –||NA|
|Calling Department –|
Iberia is the flag carrier airline of Spain with a fleet size of 68. It was found on 28 June 1927 and is headquartered in Ciudad Lineal, Madrid, Spain. Iberia is a part of International Airlines Group, founded in January 2011 after a merger agreement with British Airways (flag carrier of the United Kingdom). British airways hold 55% shares in the new agreement, leaving 45% for Iberia. However, the two airlines operate separately under their brand names. It is also in alliance with OneWorld.
Recent Updates In Iberia Airlines
IAG has purchased other airlines like BMI, Vueling, Aer Lingus since its foundation. Initially, Qatar Airways held 9.99% of its shares, but as of 2020, it has increased to 25.1%. IAG is headquartered in Waterside building in Harmondsworth, Greater London, where both British and Spanish airlines are managed. In 2013, Iberia lost a billion euros, making everyone question the merger, although the former chief executive Willie Walsh defended the IAG merger. From 2014, Iberia returned to profitability, proving Walsh’s defense right. Iberia has made traveling in the pandemic easy for their travelers by easy access to changing the date of flights without any extra charges or getting a refund in the form of a voucher. You can benefit from the plan less than 15 days before the departure in the following cases:
- The government of your destined country has announced a new entry.
- A sudden lockdown or quarantine measure has been implemented at your destination,
- which cannot be avoided at any cost.
- You are advised to follow the lockdown or quarantine measures in your place of origin.
- You test COVID-19 positive.
- The date of your flight overlaps with your vaccination appointment.
Benefits and Features of Iberia Airlines
Iberian aircraft are configured in three-class layouts with Business class (available in Spanish domestic and inter-European flights), Business Plus (offered on long-haul flights to America and Southern Africa), and Economy. Business-class seats are almost the same except for the middle (B and E) seats blocked off; it includes better ground service. Business Plus is more luxurious than Business class as it includes lie-flat seating and international business-class amenities. Iberia offers “Tu Menu” for domestic and European flights, a buy-on-board service, following the American “a-la-carte” model. Gate Gourmet provides in-flight catering. The airlines are equipped with personal entertainment screens for their intercontinental routes.
In 2012, Iberia launched its low-cost airline Iberia Express which operates short and medium-haul routes, making it easier for feeder flights available for long-haul networks. Iberia Express shares headquarters with Iberia in Ciudad Lineal, Madrid. Iberia, under the IAG, has sustainability programs and has maintained a vision to be the world’s leading airline group on sustainability. IAG is determined to minimize its environmental impact and enhance its social impact. The United Nations planned the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, out of which IAG draws links to 9 relevant SDGs and consider numbers 5 (Gender Equality),7 (Affordable and clean energy),8 (Decent work and economic growth), and number 13 (Climate Action). They make sure to have a work environment that uplifts staff to speak up and raise concerns freely. IAGs Anti-Bribery Program doesn’t condone bribery or corruption in its business; the group has policies and procedures are available for the employees. The Modern Slavery program sets a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery.
- The maximum weight of hand luggage for Economy is 10 kg and 14 kg for Business class.
- Sharp items of any kind should be checked in as hold baggage and never carried in hand luggage.
- You can carry the ashes of cremated human remains as hand luggage in a funeral urn, adequately covered. You will be asked to provide the death and burial certificates at the airport.
- Children under the age of 2 years who don’t acquire their seat pay between 20 and 10% of the accompanying adult fare. One adult per child below 12 is required; however, an adult with two infants may travel if they take a particular seat.
- The refund on canceled tickets depends on the tariff chosen; you may not get the refund for most tariffs because of the restriction; however, it is allowed in some cases; you can go and check out the website or call their office.
- A refund in case of death if you present the original death certificate and a photocopy of the family book.
- For items lost, you can contact the lost property office of the airport. For the second day, you can search at lost and found on the website.