To set-up the HP Envy Pro 6455, we have to check the following things.
- check if the power cable is connected perfectly with the printer.
- check if the Wi-Fi router is turned on and working fine.
- Note: Either the computer should be connected to Wi-Fi or you should have a Wi-Fi password.
- To set up with Wi-Fi, follow the steps as follows.
The following methods can be used to set up HP ENVY Pro 6455 Wireless All-in-One Printer.
- Ensure the computer device is connected to the same wireless network to which you want to connect the printer.
- Prepare for installation:
- Set up the printer, load paper into the input tray, and install the ink cartridges.
- Check if the Wi-Fi router is turned on and ready to connect with Wi-Fi-enabled devices.
- Optimize your computer.
- Check existing printer drivers. If they are not in use, we will remove them.
- Please turn on the printer and place it close to the computer and within range of the router during the setup procedure.
- Before proceeding with steps We will go ahead and create a restore point.
- Remove Temp,%temp%, and prefetch files.
- Use WPS or HP Smart to establish a wireless connection between your printer and network. Here we will use the HP Smart app.
- Connect the printer with the HP Smart app.
- On your computer, download and install HP Smart from the Microsoft store.
- Then Click on Install.
- After the installation of HP Smart, we have to make sure that there is purple light on the edge of the printer.
- If the light is not purple, On the back of the printer, press and hold the Wireless button for 3 seconds.
- The wireless light only blinks twice and then turns off. The Edge lighting array pulses blue flashes white and then pulses purple until the network setup begins on the device.
- You must complete the network setup within two hours.
- On your computer, open HP Smart, and then click the Plus sign.
- HP Smart searches for printers on your wireless network.
–Select your printer, and then click Continue.
- When prompted, type the WEP or WPA key (network password).
- After the printer connects to your wireless network, click Continue, and then click Exit Setup. Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns solid.
- Now the printer is set up with Wi-Fi and connected to the computer. It will be printed now.