These days, emails have become an indispensable part of our lives. Apart from our day-to-day communications, emails have also become a very effective and crucial means of formal conversations. Nowadays there are several email service providers, one among them is SBCGlobal email, which has been in service for decades due to its impressive features that make the users’ experience with the email all the more convenient.
As we all know that, SBCGlobal email is working as a legacy email of AT&T. Therefore, in order to log into our SBCGlobal email account we have to go to the AT&T login page and go through the login process every time we want to access our email. To save your time of going through the same process again and again, you must set up SBCGlobal Email in MS Outlook.
MS Outlook is an email service provider, where we can add our different email accounts and can access them just by opening it and switching between the email accounts that we want to access. Outlook has saved us a lot of time visiting different websites and accessing our different email accounts. Moreover, Outlook is available both as a desktop software as well as a mobile application so that we can access our SBCGlobal email account anytime and anywhere.
In this article, we are going to see how we can set up SBCGlobal Email in MS Outlook in the system and mobile phones as well.
Adding SBCGlobal email to Outlook in Windows
In this section, we will focus on the steps that one needs to follow to add an SBCGlobal email account in MS Outlook. The following steps are for Outlook version 2016 and above, steps for other versions may vary slightly. So, without talking much, let’s see what the steps are:
- At first, launch the Outlook desktop software.
- Click on the File option in the top right corner of the screen.
- From the window that appears, select Add Account option.
- On the visible screen, enter your SBCGlobal email address.
- If you manually want to set up SBCGlobal Email in MS Outlook, then, click on the Advanced options and select the option within it.
- Click on the Connect button.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to choose your account type, which can be either POP or IMAP, but you are required to choose IMAP.
- In the Account Settings window, you will see most of the information is prefilled, even though, if you want to verify the settings, the following are these:
- Incoming Mail Server: imap.mail.att.net
- Port Number: 993
- Encryption Required: SSL or TLS
- Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.mail.att.net
- Port Number: 465 or 587
- Encryption Required: SSL or TLS
- Authentication Required: Yes
- After filling in all the information, click on the Next button.
- Enter your SBCGlobal email password in the prompted screen.
- At last, click on the Connect button and the SBCGlobal email will be added to Outlook.
Adding email to Outlook in Mac operating system is slightly different from that of Windows. Therefore, separate steps are to be listed for that. Following the steps mentioned below to add your SBCGlobal email account in Outlook for iOS operating system:
- First, open the Outlook software on your system.
- Select the Outlook option, present at the top-left corner of the top menu bar.
- A drop-down menu will appear, where you have to click on the Preferences option.
- A small pop-up window will appear, there, click on the Accounts option.
- From the screen that appears, you have to select the plus sign (+) present at the bottom-left corner of that screen.
- In the window that appears next, you have to enter your SBCGlobal email account and password. It might happen that you will be redirected to the AT&T email sign up page and do the necessities to set up SBCGlobal Email in MS Outlook.
- After completing the above process, you will be prompted with a small screen, from there you have to select the Done button to end the process.
Adding SBCGlobal email to Outlook in Mobile Phones
This section of the article will take you through the steps to add your SBCGlobal email account to Outlook in iPhones as well as Android phones. So, hold tight and read through the article:
Adding SBCGlobal email in Outlook for Androids
Following are the steps to set up SBCGlobal Email in MS Outlook for Android devices:
- First, you have to install the Outlook app from your phone’s app store.
- Open the app, the page for adding your Google account will appear, you have to skip this process, therefore, tap on the Skip option.
- On the next screen, you will see a text box where you have to enter your SBCGlobal email account and then tap on the Continue button.
- Now you have to enter your SBCGlobal email password and tap on the Sign-in or Next button, whatever appears.
- If you have enabled multi-step verification for your account, then you have to verify yourself. After doing so, your SBCGlobal email will be added to Outlook.
Adding SBCGlobal email in Outlook for iOS
Listed below are the steps to add your SBCGlobal email account in MS Outlook on iOS devices:
- At first, download the Outlook app from the Apple App Store.
- If you are using Outlook for the first time, then a screen will appear where you have to enter your SBCGlobal email address.
- Thereafter, tap on the Add Account button.
- It may happen that on the next screen you have to enter your mail server settings to set up SBCGlobal Email in MS Outlook for iOS. For the settings, you can refer to the SBCGlobal email adding process to Outlook in Windows (the first process of this article).
- After that, enter your SBCGlobal email account password and tap on the Sign-in button.
- If you have enabled multi-step verification for your account, then you have to verify yourself.