If you forget the administrator password for your Windows 10/8.1/7/Vista/XP computer, and now you are worried that you have to reinstall the system in order to regain access to your computer.
There are many ways to recover an Administrator password. Reinstalling the system isn’t a wise choice as it will lose your data. Now here is the efficient way of recovering the administrator password.
The following methods can be used to reset forgotten administrator passwords and recover computer data on Windows XP and Windows 7 computers.
- There are many ways to recover an administrator’s password. Here we are going to use the Locksmith Wizard of DaRT 7.0 to change the password of any account on the local operating system.
- The Locksmith Wizard of DaRT 7.0 allows you to change the password of any account on the local operating system, Windows 7. You can get it from the Microsoft website. This is very helpful if you don’t have a password reset disk. Try to follow these steps…
Download and install DaRT 7.0, then create a recovery CD/DVD with it.
If the computer boots but we are unable to back up the data or make changes to the computer due to Windows errors, we will install ERD Commander and use the utilities to repair the computer.
- DaRT 7.0 can be obtained from TechNet or MSDN.
- After downloading the DaRT 7.0 record onto a CD/DVD, uncompress the. ISO. In this article, we will use a CD/DVD.
- Insert the CD or DVD into the drive. It will load the window as shown in the figure.
- Click on “Run launcher.hta”.
- In the window of the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack for Software Assurance 2011 R2 click Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset.
- Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset, select which version of Windows you are installing DaRT 7.0 on. In this article, we will install Windows 7 64-bit. Select “Install DaRT 7.0 (64-bit).”
- In the window Welcome to the Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset 7.0 Setup Wizard, click Next.
- In the window End-User License Agreement, after reading the license agreement, click I Agree.
- In the window, select Use Microsoft Update When I check for updates (recommended) and then click Next.
- In the Select Installation Folder window, select the installation location and then click Next.
- In the Choose Setup Type window, choose the type of installation. In this article, the choice will be complete.
- In the Ready to Install window, click the Install button to begin the installation.
- In the User Account Control dialog, click Yes to allow DaRT 7.0 to install on your computer.
- In the window titled “Completing The Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset 7.0 Setup Wizard”, click the Finish button to complete the installation.
- Use these recovery tools to fix Windows errors.