Troubleshooting steps taken. Created restore point.
If the printer was connected via USB. We have to go ahead and check the following things.
- We will check if there is power in the printer.
- We will check the USB cable to see if it is connected between the computer and the printer.
- We will check the print queue and clear the queue.
- We will check the display of the printer for any error messages.
- We will go ahead and restart the printer and check again. If it shows the error again, I will go to the next steps as follows…
The following methods can be used to fix the Brother HL-5350DN.
Note: The printer is connected via USB. So we will go ahead and setup the printer with a USB cable.
- We have two ways (Ethernet and USB) to connect a printer with the computer.
- We will go ahead and connect the printer with a USB cable.
- To do that, we will go ahead and connect the computer and printer with a USB cable.
- We will download the brother’s original driver from the brother website.
- The next steps will show how to fix the Brother HL-5350DN.
First, we will go ahead and download the drivers.
Once the download is finished, we will go ahead and decompress the downloaded file.
Click Start > All apps > Windows System > Control Panel
Click Hardware and Sound => Devices and Printers. Right-click your Brother machine and select Printing preferences.
Check the Advanced tab or Support button in the Printing Preferences.
- If there is an Advanced tab or Support button, then the Brother original printer driver has been fully installed. Click OK to close the Printing Preferences dialogue box.
- If not, we have to go ahead and replace the installed driver with the Brother printer driver.
Click on Device manager.
Click Printers. Right-click your Brother machine and select Update Driver Software
Click Browse my computer for driver software
Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer and click Next.
Click Have Disk.
Click the Browse button.Go to the directory where you decompressed the downloaded file > Select the .inf file and click “Open.”