SBCGlobal email has always been a very significant email client over years. It has added value to people’s work by providing them all the necessary features of an email service. In the due course of time, SBCGlobal has evolved to a great extent, improvising its features and facilities with every update. Since, SBCGlobal has collaborated and started working under AT&T, more users from around the world have been joining this email service.
As SBCGlobal is now a legacy email of AT&T Incorporation, therefore, it confuses many people when they go to access any feature or update settings related to SBCGlobal email account. One such issue, that people commonly face is of resetting SBCGlobal email password. This simple process has put many people in confusion.
Thus, to help out readers from this common problem, we are writing this article, where you can get them to “How do I change my SBCGlobal Email password?” and also some other important information regarding the process.
When to reset your SBCGlobal email password?
Before going right away to the password reset process, we should know when we should reset our password. Following is some of the reasons that can arise the need of changing your SBCGlobal email password:
When your account is compromised
If you know that your account has been hacked, then the first thing you should do, is to change your account’s password. You will know that your account is hacked when you receive an email from AT&T Internet services or a large number of spam emails have been sent from your account within a short period of time.
When you receive a password change email from AT&T
If you receive an email from AT&T to change your password, then you should know that you have to change SBCGlobal Email password. This can be due to some recent updates released by AT&T, which concern security of user, and hence, you are required to change your password.
When you forgot your password
It is very naive to mention, of course, you would try to reset your SBCGlobal email password if you have forgotten it, otherwise, you will not be able to enter your email account.
After Resetting the Password
Once you are done with resetting your password, you also need to know that, you will be logged out from all the platforms or devices, in which you are logged in with your SBCGlobal email account. Therefore, you have to again login to all those places, again, you have to go through the login process and login in using your updated login information.
Methods to Reset your SBCGlobal Email Password
There are two ways by which you can change SBCGlobal Email password. One is when you know the password and can login to your account, and change password by going through account internal settings, and the other is from the login page, where you fill your login credentials to enter your SBCGlobal email account.
We will be seeing both methods one by one.
Method-1: When you know your password
When you know your password, but you are willing to change to due to some security reasons, then following is the method that you can use:
- First, open your browser and go to AT&T email sign-in page.
- There you have to enter your SBCGlobal email address in the User ID field and password in its respective field and sign-in to your account.
- Once you enter your email account, click on your Username.
- From the visible options, select the “Account Info” option.
- Within it, select the Account Security tab
- Click on the Change Password option.
- Then you may have to enter your current password and then enter your new password.
- After you are done with the process, save the changed password and with this you have changed SBCGlobal Email password.
Method-2: When you do not know your password
Most of the times, the need for changing or resetting password arise because we forgot it, but you do not have to worry, just follow these simple steps to change your SBCGlobal email password:
- First, you have to go to the AT&T email login page.
- There, you will see a “Forgot password” link below the Password field in the login form.
- By clicking on that link, you will be redirected to a new page, named Find your password.
- There, you have to Enter your SBCGlobal email address in the User ID field (If you have also forgotten your SBCGlobal email address, then click on the “Forgot user ID” link.)
- In the next field, you have to enter your last name.
- Check the “I am not a robot” option.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Then, you have to follow the on-screen instructions which may lead you to generating a temporary email password, for that you might have to answer your security question or an email will be sent to recovery email attached to your account.