MacBooks have been nothing less than perfection when it comes to professional work and due to this, people heavily rely on these for their day-to-day lives. But the AOL email is giving a hard time to Mac users.
In case you are one such user, read the blog till the end to know how to fix the two major errors that occur in Mac platforms when it comes to AOL mail.
Steps to troubleshoot AOL mail not working on MacBook pro
For receiving emails error
- Install the AOL mail app on your MacBook Pro and visit the email menu to click on the preferences tab.
- From there, you will need to click and open an AOL email account.
- Next, simply click on account information and check to see if you have entered your email address correctly. In case you see any errors, simply scroll down to the drop-down menu and click on the edit button.
- Now, double tap on your name or your email address and simply correct the mistyped information, and tap on ok to proceed further.
- You will need to launch the tab of system preferences in case you want to make edits with the password of your mail account.
- Simply click on internet preferences and then select AOL entry in that tab.
- In the next window, you need to correct your AOL mail password and your email account address. Click on details once you have done so.
- You can also try to change the description that includes your full name, or the password of your mail account if there is a need for it.
For sending emails error
- You will need to begin by clicking on the “email menu” to select the preferences option.
- From there, you will simply need to click on the accounts tab option and then tap on the AOL mail that you are facing problems with.
- Next, locate yourself to the server settings and click on it.
- Next, at the outgoing mail menu, you need to change it to the AOL mail server to proceed further.
- In case you want to verify these server settings of the server, you need to navigate to the menu and click on edit of the SMTP server list.
- In the next window, simply take a look at the AOL mail servers’ outgoing list to find out the AOL mail entry. Also, try to make sure of the fact that all of the settings are accurate and make corrections if any are required.
There is also a possibility that the settings might ask you to provide more information on your AOL mail account while you are going through these troubleshooting steps. You can use the steps that are given below to your advantage in order to get rid of this issue.
- IMAP server: type out imap.aol.com in this field
- IMAP User Name: enter your screen name here
- IMAP password: fill out your AOL mail password carefully here
- IMAP Port: enter 993 in this field
- IMAP TLS/SSL: this type of connection is required
- SMTP server address: type out smtp.aol.com in this field
- SMTP user name: enter your screen name correctly
- SMTP password: type out your AOL mail password
- SMTP port: enter 587 in this field
- SMTP TLS/SSL: this type of connection is required
These simple steps can help you to get rid of these errors without much fuss.
For any more info, you may contact the help and support center of Apple or you can contact the AOL help and support center via phone call or an email.