The printer was connected via USB. We have to go ahead and check the following things.
- Check if there is power in the printer.
- Check the USB cable to see if it is connected between the computer and the printer.
- Check the print queue and clear the queue.
- Check the display of the printer for any error messages.
- Restart the printer and check again. If it shows the error again, go to the next steps as follows.
The following methods can be used to fix the Brother HL-5350DN.
Note: The printer is connected via USB. So we will go ahead and set up the printer with a USB cable.
- We have two ways (Ethernet and USB) to connect a printer with the computer.
- Connect the printer with a USB cable.
- Download the brother’s original driver from the brother website.
- The next steps will show how to fix the Brother HL-5350DN.
Download the drivers.
- Once the download is finished, decompress the downloaded file.
- Click Start > All apps > Windows System > Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound => Devices and Printers. Right-click your Brother machine and select Printing preferences.
- Check the Advanced tab or Support button in the Printing Preferences.
- If there is an Advanced tab or Support button, then the Brother original printer driver has been fully installed. Click OK to close the Printing Preferences dialogue box.
- If not, we have to replace the installed driver with the Brother printer driver.
- Click on Device Manager.
- Click Printers. Right-click your Brother machine and select Update Driver Software.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click here Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer and click Next.
- Click “Have disc.”
- Click the Browse button. Go to the directory where you decompressed the downloaded file > Select the .inf file and click “Open.”
- Click OK. Confirm the printer name is Brother HL-5350DN and click Next.
- The installation of the Brother original printer driver is complete. Click close.
- Restart the printer and computer. Now you will see the advance and support buttons. Send the printer test command.