When we go to access our email on our mobile phones, users may come across AOL mail not working on android issue. The reason behind the inaccessibility of AOL in your mobile phones can be several. This can be due to inappropriate mail settings or some error while adding your AOL account to the third-party email client like Outlook, or the default mail app of your phone. Here, in this article, we are going to take you through such common issues and the way you can easily resolve them. So, without talking much let’s jump right into the article.
1. Issue Adding AOL mail to Outlook in Android
Sometimes it happens that we do not know the process to add an email to a new application, due to which we might interfere with some settings and end up with things got messy. The same happens with most of the users when they went to add AOL mail to Outlook in their Android devices, due to which they face AOL mail problems with outlook.
However, to see where you have gone wrong, we have written down the steps which you can follow to add your AOL email to Outlook:
- At first, you have to download the latest version of Outlook from your phone’s app store.
- After its downloading and installation, open the app.
- There, you have to enter your AOL full email address in the provided text field. Here, you may be asked to select your email service provider and do the AOL IMAP settings outlook In case, that happens, go through the next process where all IMAP settings are listed, you can use them here as well.
- Tap on the Continue button.
- On the next screen, enter your AOL email account password.
- If you have enabled multi-level verification for every new AOL login, then do the necessary and proceed with the instructions prompted on the screen.
2. AOL Mail Server Settings Issue in Outlook in Android
Correct mail server settings are very important for the email to function smoothly and properly. One might face several AOL mail not working on android issues if the settings are incorrect, like not receiving emails, emails went missing, not able to send an email, and much more.
Therefore, in order to get rid of such issues, the following are IMAP settings that are to be used while accessing AOL email account in Outlook:
- Open the Outlook app on your device.
- Within the app, go to its Settings
- Tap on the “Add Account” button and then “Add Email Account”.
- Enter your AOL email address.
- Tap on the “Continue” button to move forward.
- Select the email provider as IMAP from the prompted screen.
- Enable the “Advanced Settings” option.
- Fill in the following AOL IMAP settings outlook correctly:
- Incoming Mail Server: imap.aol.com
- Port No.: 993
- SSL Required: Yes
- Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.aol.com
- Port No.: 465
- SSL Required: Yes
- Thereafter, enter your AOL email password in the respective field.
- Tap on the right-tick button to end the process.
3. AOL Email Receiving Issue
Some of the common problem for AOL mail not working on android are listed below along with the ways to resolve them.
A. Removing and Re-adding Email to AOL App
Sometimes the old on and off method can resolve some of our commonly faced issues. In order to rectify the AOL mail on android not working 2021 problem, you can remove and then add the email to your AOL email account, steps for both are listed below.
Steps to remove AOL Email from the AOL App:
- Open the AOL app on your device.
- Go to the Settings of the app, which is present in the navigation bar at the bottom.
- Tap on the “Manage Accounts” option.
- Then, tap on the “Edit” label.
- Tap on the “Remove” button and select the account that you want to delete.
Steps to Add AOL Email to AOL App:
- Open the AOL app and go to the app settings.
- Tap on the “Manage Accounts” button.
- Select the “Add Account” option.
- Enter your Email address and password in their respective fields.
B. Clear Browser Cache
If you are using a browser to access your AOL email account on your phone, then the inaccessibility of the AOL email and AOL mail not working on android issue can be due to the corrupted cookies and cache files in the browser. These files are stored in the browser when you visit a new website on the internet, and when they get corrupted during their storing process, we face issues in accessing that website. The same can be the case with the AOL webpage, used to log in to the AOL email account. Therefore, you should try logging in to your AOL account after clearing browser cookies and cache files.