The AOL email has been in the news these days and not for the right reasons. Although the website has a huge database, the email service has still not been able to fix the issues of its email service which causes the users severe inconvenience in times of desperate needs.
In case you are one such user, read the blog till the end to know how you can simply do so with the help of the solutions that are given below.
Ways to fix when AOL mail is not working
For android devices
But before we begin, let us take a look at some of the major causes due to which this error occurs in the first place.
- Cache and cookies have been stored
- You may be using an outdated version of AOL
- Poor or unstable connectivity to the internet
- Your operating system may be outdated
- You may have configured the email settings incorrectly
Let us now begin with the methods that can help you to fix this error.
- Software update- The first step should be to check whether there is an update pending. You can simply do that by opening the settings option on your device and then navigate yourself to the last or the second last option. Once you are there, click on the update option and then wait it out till it completes.
- Force Stop- You can also try to force stop the application and then launch it again. Simply open the settings option on your device and then locate the apps section. From there, you will need to click on the force stop button. Once you have done so, simply click on the application again to see if the error still exists or not.
- Remove and reinstall the application- You will need to navigate through your device’s home screen for this one and will need to find the menu option. From there, you will need to locate the AOL email app and then press or hold the app icon to view the options on it. From the list of these options, you will need to click on uninstall. You will also need to reinstall it from the play store.
- Mail settings configuration- There is also a possibility that this error can be resolved by making the necessary changes in the settings. The settings are given below for the AOL mail that you can try to use;
- Incoming mail server: pop.aol.com
- Incoming port number: enter 995 in this field
- Security: SSL type connection is required
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.aol.com
- Outgoing port number: type out 465 in this field
- Security: SSL type connection required
- Clear cache- Open the settings of your device, to begin with, and locate the apps section from there. Once you click on it, all of the apps installed on your device will appear on the screen. You now need to click on the AOL email app and click on the clear cache of the app to empty it and then simply wait until it is clear and then restart the app to check if it is working smoothly or not.
These are some of the simple methods that one can use to fix when AOL mail is not working on android platforms. Let us now take a look at the methods that one can use to fix when AOL is not working on IOS platforms.
For IOS devices
But before we begin with the methods, let us take a look at some of the major causes as to why this error occurs in IOS devices;
- You may not be having a strong and stable internet connection
- You are facing mail server issues
- You face an issue with the cache storage
- You may be entering incorrect or wrong credentials
- There might be a routing problem
- You may be facing some sort of network interference.
Let us now look at the methods that can help you to fix this error.
- Airplane Mode- Swipe up or down on your device to reveal the menu and then locate yourself to the airplane mode icon and then turn the mode on. Wait for a couple of minutes and then turn it back off by tapping on the very same icon. Once you have done so, re-connect with the WI-FI or turn on your mobile data.
- Network settings- Open the settings of your device and locate the general option where you can find the network settings in the reset window. Tap on it to finish the process.
- Remove and re-add the account- Simply open the device settings and locate the “apps and passwords” option and click on AOL account. A new page will open once you do so and then hit on delete account. In case you want to add the account, you will need to visit the same tab and click on add account to enter the mail address and password in the given space correctly.
- Clear cache– You will need to locate apps from your settings option. You will need to find the list of email services that appear on the screen and from there, you will need to click on the clear cache option. Once you have done so, wait for a bit and then re-launch the application to see if that fixes the error.
These methods can help you to fix the AOL not working issues with relative ease.
For more info or any other queries, you may need to contact the help and support center of AOL.