AOL is a legendary email service provider that is known to provide the most consistent updates in its features and facilities. It was first introduced in the year 1985. There are plenty of useful features that one can enjoy with AOL such as the Unsend feature, calendar, an AIM panel, and many more. But, there come times when users encounter an issue at one time or the other. Talking about issues, we cannot neglect AOL sign-in issues that cause the most disruption.
If you are also facing AOL login problems, you need this guide which includes the most practical and effective solutions that will fix AOL sign-in issues in one go.
The most common AOL Sign-in Issues Are:
- Username and password issues
- Locked AOL account locks
- looping logins Issue
- Other account access errors.
- AOL Authentication errors
- AOL login websites are not working
- AOL is not working on iPhone
- Network issues
- Code Errors with AOL
Check Network Connection
No need to mention that a poor network connection will induce login issues with your AOL email account. It will not only prevent the website from loading but also keep you from using some of the features. Therefore, make sure that your device is connected to a stable network connection that is strong enough to execute the AOL sign-in process without any breakdown.
Fix Browser Issues
Browser errors are a common cause of AOL sign-in issues, hence we recommend you fixing browser settings before you do anything else to troubleshoot the AOL sign-in issues.
To begin with, clear the cache, cookies, and history from your browser and make sure that you restart your device afterward. Then, re-open your browser and see if you are now able to signing.
Having said that, you can even try disabling the extensions and add-ons installed on your browser as some of them can interrupt the loading of the AOL sign-in webpage.
Check AOL Login Details
Entering the right login credentials is very important if you don’t want to encounter sign-in issues with your AOL mail account. In case you are sure that you are typing in the right login details, you need to check if you are following the right login steps. Other than that, you can try resetting your password using the steps given below:
- First, go to the “AOL mail sign-in” webpage.
- Type in your username and click on “Next”
- After that click on “Trouble signing-in”
- Next, from the two available recovery options that are email address and registered mobile phone number, select anyone.
- You will receive a verification code on your phone or email ID.
- Provide the code on the password recovery page and verify your identity and ownership of the account.
- Then, create a new password for your email account and make sure that type the same password on the confirmation field.
- Now, sign-in using the newly created password.
Disable anti-virus and security programs
If you are using an anti-virus or other security program to protect your web experience, you need to know that it can interfere with the functioning of your AOL email account and restrain you from signing in. Hence, it is advised to not use the antivirus or other security program while you are trying to access your AOL email account.
Change Firewall Settings
The Firewall program on your device can also affect the overall functioning of your AOL email account, therefore, you need to make sure that your security program identifies AOL as a trusted website. To amend the settings of your Firewall, follow the steps given below:
- First, open the Control Panel.
- Type “Windows Firewall” in the search bar.
- Select “Allowed Programs”
- Now, check if the AOL login website is selected as an approved site or not.
- Unselect the option for “Web Filtering”
- Restart your browser and try to signing again.
Update AOL mail Application
If your AOL mail application is not fully updated, you may feel it difficult to sign-in. So, make sure that the outdated AOL app version is not creating issues for you. Therefore, update your AOL app to the latest version to make the best use of it. Furthermore, it is very simple and convenient to update your AOL mail application; usually, the app reminds you about the news releases, or you can update it from the play store or app store.
So, here we conclude that with the above-mentioned solutions, one can easily get rid of AOL mail login issues and retrieve access to their AOL account. If you can fix the problem on your own, you can always connect yourself with the AOL support team and get help from the AOL technicians who will provide you the personalized help.